Sunday, January 11, 2009

Your right path to follow.

I’m Terresa Roden, currently living in Milewaukee, WI (US). I’m working in a call center at the moment, enjoying the fact that I get asked if I’m a recording from time to time. It’s rather fun to greet a caller and get a brief pause when I finish only to have the caller ask if I’m a real person. My answer is usually some variation of “As far as I know they haven’t replaced me with a machine” or “Last time I looked I was a real person” followed by amused laughter from myself and the caller.
I spent most of my early life in Minnesota, first in the small town of Aitkin, going to college in Crookston and then moving to Minneapolis-St.Paul until I shifted to Milwaukee in the late 1990’s. I’ve held various jobs, usually in some type of support staff role and I currently work in a call center doing both inbound and outbound work. What makes the job satisfying to me is the fact that I get to indulge my passion for helping people. Incoming calls are for help with various companies products – placing orders, subscriptions, missed issues, etc.
In April of 2006, I turned 50 years young. At that time I began to consider my life and what I had done with it. As I looked back, I realized that I had never really answered the question “Who do I want to be when I grow up?” As I began searching myself for the answer to that question, I was also looking for ways to increase my income by finding some sort of online business. I tried several things with little success, but in that process I met several people who began to mentor and encourage me, among them Sally Witt and Kim Mutch Emerson. Both Kim and Sally were great supporters as I worked through the process of “Who do I want to be?” and suggested developing the questions I was uing for my own search into a workbook that could be of assistance to others going through the same process.
By the end of 2008, the “Uniquely Me LifeBook” first edition was completed and made available on the web as an eBook, available at my website http://www.theresaroden.com . I have created a Skype room, and a Yahoo group that are available to users of the LifeBook for ongoing support and questions.
One of my talents is “pulling rabbits out of hats” for people. In the course of conversations I often come up with “outside the box” answers to problems that people are experiencing. I look forward to developing a consulting clientele of people looking for a sounding board for brainstorming and problem-solving as part of my business.

No comments: