Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy Birthday to Ava

Mom's busy... what about HER birthday?Posted by Ava on January 11, 2009 at 8:13pm
Send Message View Ava's blog



Tomorrow is my birthday! Yay, I made it through another year! :)

My daughter is 16 1/2. (am I giving my age away? LOL. On her bedroom wall, she has 8"x11" photos of her in her birthday parties. Every single year.. I have given her a huge party, celebrating her life. What ever she wanted to do. Invited every friend and family member. It is important for me to celebrate the life of my daughter, and every year I have with her, and show her how much I love her and happy she is my daughter.
These parties can take months to plan.

Ooops back to MY birthday. See what I mean... LOL. We focus so much on our childs birthdays, but then what do we do for ourselves? If we do nothing, does that show them that only they are important, but we are not?

If we has adults think about our birthday, and talk about it.. people think we should grow up, don't make such a big deal out of it.. who wants everyone to know how old you are anyway? Why? Why is it that after 21, only 30,40,50, 60, 70 80, 90, and 100 are important? We have to wait 10 years to celebrate?
Do we celebrate the day we were born, or that we made it to another year, or to look forward to this age that we are becoming now? Isn't our life important at any age?

Especially as single moms, we usually don't have someone "built in" to celebrate our birthday with us. No husband to make sure he brings us flowers, a gift, and take us out to dinner. So we usually go out with friends,"the girls", family.. the kids take us to a fast food place and it ends up being for them... or we just need to be creative and make the best of it because we can't afford to do anything.

As moms we need to celebrate ourselves more. We do soooo much..
We need to take the time to take care of ourselves, think about our past, and plan our future.
We need to pamper ourselves. Even if we can't afford to go to a spa.. try to get some quiet time alone, or to think.. Write in a journal.. Take a long shower, give yourself the " overhaul "! LOL.
Trade with a friend of you need childcare during your birthday. Invite your friends over with their kids.

Do you really need another shirt? Swap gifts, clothes, usable items.. Give free Ebooks, or extras of your products if you sell. That also saves money, the landfills and helps the environment! Swap time, services.. maybe you and a friend can do a "spa day" at home.. do each others nails, hair, etc.
You can also do this with your daughters! It doesn't even have to be your birthday!

I would love to hear your thoughts on this...
What should I do for my birthday?
I would love to hear from other busy-moms about this issue, and hear some ideas!

Happy Birthday To Me! :)
Happy Birthday to you too!

-Ava
Co-Owner, Busy-mom.com
Owner, AvaHosting Internet & Telecommunications http://www.avahosting.biz
95-60 Queens Blvd
#221
Rego Park, NY 11374
webmaster@busy-mom.com

No comments: